Friday, September 14, 2018

Mind your Mind

Where I picked up this idea, I don't know - but it's a good one.

I'm a moody person, and I am often surprised by the moods I get into. Many of which, I would rather not know about. And I am sure, this is why most people do not want to know about themselves. If  they do not know about their inner feelings, they cannot be held responsible for them. They think.

This is one of the problems with Democracy - people are motivated (strongly motivated) by beliefs they know nothing about - and don't want to know about.

In the Seventies, I was involved in Gestalt Therapy, based on the ideas of Fritz Perls. Ideas he changed frequently. His students went to Eselen every year to learn his latest healing techniques. During my time there, I never heard the unconscious mentioned. This was something they did not want to think about.

How can we discover what is in our unconscious? By paying attention careful to our actions, and by encouraging other people to also pay attention to them. This however, is the last thing they want to do.

They want the exact opposite - the repression of individual feelings and beliefs, even a violent repression of them. Because they are dangerous to the established order.

No comments:

Post a Comment