Friday, December 29, 2017

Business is War

Our attitude towards war, says a lot about who we are. As does our attitude toward Business. And in America, at the present time - the two have merged.

This was brought home to me when I started to work in h\HighTech, in Southern California, in the Eighties. I saw, right away, that this was war - and everyone seemed to find this destructiveness natural. 

War produced riches and everyone was out to get some for themselves. As soon as a company developed a profitable new expertise, it was robbed of its riches. This was not a win-win situation, it was a win-lose situation - and everyone wanted to be on the winning side. 

In other words, it was war. And the people in it, loved it. And never noticed its destructiveness. And never noticed what awful people they had turned into.

This last effect - the awful people that had turned into - was something no one wanted to see. So they didn't see it - even as it was wrecking their world.

I noticed it, or at least I kind of noticed it. And I tried to bring it up in the various therapy groups I was in. I was also into meditation, but these meditation groups also ignored it.

There I was, surrounded by craziness on all sides - and nobody wanted to see it! I had to get out, so I did - and moved to Costa Rica.

I still keep in touch with the developments in Software, which are amazing. But so far, these people still ignoring the big problem they are embedded in - they are part of a culture that is not good for people.

Presently, blockchain technology is very popular and is being used to form  new marketplaces, for everything imaginable. But there is no way to tell, if these markets are ethical, or not. Computers have no way of telling this, so this is omitted in the way these markets are built.

The solution is simple - include people, who are critical of these markets, into the structure of these markets itself. The people who are in favor of them are already there.

If you looked at the coding for these markets (which is open source, and readily available) - you could see how easily, this could be done.

Put the people back in control! 

No comments:

Post a Comment