Tuesday, April 20, 2021

Dad was Not very Smart

It has taken me a long time to realize this. His biggest mistake was marrying my Mother, instead of his Haitian girlfriend. 

He is most often compared to Ed Mckiernan. They both grew up in Ft. Madison, Iowa. and Ed's son Larry married my sister Rogene. 

His most important contribution to my life was when I moved to Costa Rica. I only had my Social Security income to live on. which is not enough for the States. But Dad had lived Overseas for a while and enjoyed it. Why couldn't I do that?

I wrote a search app, looking at every country, to see which was the best. The answer was Costa Rica, someplace I had never heard of before. To make a long story short, I am still here. 

This is not the best solution for most Americans, however. Most of them go back after a few years. 

No comments:

Post a Comment