Tuesday, July 13, 2021

A Terrible day in Cartago

Ray has gone to visit his mother in Kentucky. This was supposed to be a two-day visit but, as usual, it is taking longer. 

Ray usually takes me shopping, in his car. But I decided to do it myself, using the bus. Bad decision!

The first stop was at a Walmart store, where I bought some coffee. Then to another store, where I bought a watch, The one I had worked fine, but the strap was broken. They had a cheap watch, without any instructions. I bought it and will let Ray figure out how to use it. The strap does look neat.

The next stop, Aeropost, flies my packages from Miami to Costa Rica - sometimes. Amazon sends all my packages to the Aeropost warehouse in Miami. that is supposed to fly them to Costa Rica. This time, as usual, things are all messed up. But I put what I have in a taxi. and head for my bus ride home. 

It drops me off two blocks from home. But my legs are giving out, and some neighbors have to help me walk home.

Then they call an ambulance, which askes me all kinds of questions, in Spanish. Fortunately. Sandy shows up, who is bilingual. I tell them I have a Balance Disorder, but they don't understand what that is. 

I will have to write a paper sometime, explaining it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment