Saturday, July 3, 2021

Deep Irrational Fear

This hit me in the middle of the night and gave me a bad scare. I can appreciate how severely it can affect those with mental difficulties. Where can they get help?

My wife Beth had severe mental problems and ended up in a psych ward. I got to visit her there and got to see how they treated her, which gave me a bad scare. 

When she was admitted, they gave her a shot of a powerful drug that knocked her out for two days. When she recovered, she was a different person and told me our marriage was over. This was progress, I asked them? I got no answer. 

What did I learn from this unfortunate episode? Mental illnesses are difficult to cure, in fact, many of them cannot be cured. 

But there are plenty of therapists who will try. And a new kind of therapy is invented every week. I have tried many of them myself. 

Silicon Valley, where I used to work, has about equal numbers of Mental developers and Computer developers. 

And the situation is getting worse.

No comments:

Post a Comment