Friday, October 23, 2020

How the Computer has Affected Us

 It has made us more like it. It has no objection to learning more. when we often reach a limit. 

Altho this has been strongly resisted, since we feel the computer is a foreign power. 

I will make this personal -  how has the computer affected me? 

This is an easier question to answer -  it changed my source of income. The economy I live in. 

I graduated as an Electronic Engineer from the U of Illinois in 1959. Which meant I knew a lot about Vacuum Tubes. 

I am sitting now in front of my laptop, which does not have a single tube in it. But is connected, via the Internet, to billions of other computers, mainly smartphones. 

Has my life changed? So much so, I can hardly recognize myself. I keep asking "What am I?" But getting no clear answer. 

Because much of me, has become mixed up with the Computer. 

I now have to ask myself "How did this happen?" and "What happened?" 

No comments:

Post a Comment