Thursday, December 17, 2020

Faith in the Church

The Church for my family was the RLDS church. Looking back at it, it was remarkable how much faith we had in it. 

This lasted me until I graduated from the U of Illinois, where I was surrounded by nonbelievers. It was obvious to me, that Church was not important, so I dropped out. 

I was the only one in my extended family that did this, except for a cousin's wife who joined the Catholic church. 

The rest still believe, even if they never go there. Every church has this problem: many inactive church members. 

In my family, my brother Steve is still a true believer, and still has faith in the Church. 

He has informed me that he belongs to an informal group inside the church that is involved with its Historical Properties (such as the building in Lamoni). But this building is mostly filled with junk. 

I have suggested he build an online tour of the place, but he is not interested. 

No comments:

Post a Comment