Friday, March 19, 2021

Dad and the Boat

This was one of our failures when moving to Nauvoo. Dad could not get the boat to work and he gave it up.

This fault was not his, it was the mud that was quickly filling the river, especially below our place, and which we had not planned on. 

Our boat was a fine boat and had wheels that were used to move it from Ft. Madison. But the rubber part of the wheels was gone. 

I made it my personal project to get the boat working again.  The biggest part of this project was getting the boat out of the ravine it, and the boathouse was in. I don't remember how I did this, but it was done.

I could not buy new wheels, so I improvised by bolting rubber onto the wheels, which was good enough to get the buat to the beach. I then built a surfboard that other users could ride behind rhe boat

No comments:

Post a Comment