Thursday, March 11, 2021

Mormonism is a Difficult Religion

And it hasn't gotten any easier. This is probably why the RLDS (using the Herald House) published the Memoirs of Joseph Smith III, in 1960.

I am reading this, and frankly, I am baffled by it. We should acknowledge the RLDS has ended, and there is not much left. 

In fact, you are probably wondering what I am writing this. Why I am thinking about the Church at all. You have gradually left the Chuch and cannot see why I have not done the same. "Ler dead dogs lie, "you are probably thinking. 

But I think a summary of how the Mormon churches have diverged, would be useful to everyone. My cousin Florence has already started this work, but we need more collaboration.  

The book Saints Without Halos has a touching chapter on Lymon Wight, who died in Texas. Our relatives, the Fishers, joined his movement for a while.

Another cousin, Lynn Ourth, would probably be willing to help Florence.

It is also true that when the RLDS became the Community of Christ, it ceased competing with the other Mormon churchs, and gave that territory to the LDS.

No comments:

Post a Comment