Saturday, September 28, 2019

My Visit to Walmart

I  went to get some ink for my printer but ended up evaluating their cafeteria. In both cases, I was unfavorably impressed.

Bear in mind that this is Costa Rica, and Ticos come here to absorb some American culture. To learn the best way of doing things.

What they are learning is something very American: to treat people badly.

"This is not just American, you may be saying!" The ability to treat other people badly has been with us for a long time, perhaps forever. This is lamentable, and all we can do is notice when it happens.

This was most noticeable in the cafeteria, that was mostly empty. I remember it being full of people enjoying good food.

Walmart should be noticing that sales are down. But it has the same attitude toward itself - it treats itself badly.

No comments:

Post a Comment