Thursday, December 5, 2019

They help People with Problems

I went to the Post Office today to pay for my box rent. When I got there, there was a long line, waiting to be served. I decided to come back another day. This was not an life-or-death matter, and it could easily wait.

But another woman, who I didn't know, asked me what I was there for (in Spanish). I showed her the form asking me to pay the rent. She then said I should be in another line, and showed me where to go.

I did as she suggested, and I presented my form when the next window opened up. The clerk seemed startled by my abrupt appearance, but no one else in the room complained, and she proceeded to process my request. Everyone could see I was suffering from old age, and they wanted to help me out.

I noticed the computers were slow, and this was slowing everything down. Ticos are friendly to people (something I like very much) but they seem to think computers are people also and must be deferred to.

No comments:

Post a Comment