Thursday, February 4, 2021

A difficult time

 This was the Fifties, although it could apply to all of the 20th Century, especially to the Depression. 

As survivors of that time, we should give ourselves credit for still being here, altho somewhat battered. 

I can remember the Fifties when it was easy to go to college and easy to get a job. Big business was getting bigger, and this applied to all parts of the economy, including agriculture. 

We were the richest country in the world, while the rest of the world was in ruins. All this went to our heads. And we had no idea it would not last. 

Bur, we were living in a fast-moving time, and everything did change. We changed also, but not fast enough, 

We were soon spending a lot of time watching Television, while it was watching us. 

I could go on and on. I could write a book about this, and maybe I should. But I will stop here, and nurse my scar tisue. 

No comments:

Post a Comment