Thursday, February 20, 2020

Don't Be, Don't Think

This is a difficult position to explain; but easy to execute in our personal lives and our many group affiliations.

We can be busy, busy, busy - doing nothing. And avoid doing anything real. And be pleased with ourselves for being so clever. And for being like everyone else.

There are people who are different, but they have little effect on most people. Who are determined to be the same on everything that matters.

One way that matters is our attitude towards reading and writing. We much prefer social media, which was brought to us by the Computer.

I am a Computer person myself, but I also do a lot of reading and writing inside that ecosystem (as I am doing in this blog). The Computer was the latest development in the technology of writing, that made us civilized.

Whether or not this was a good thing, we do not know.

As if by magic, AI, Data, Culture: In Conversation with Ben Horowitz pops up on my screen. He has written a book What you do is who you are.

I just got back from my Dentist, is she what she does?

No comments:

Post a Comment