Sunday, February 16, 2020

My Final, Gradual Decline

There is no cure for old age.

I have never been a strong person, but I find myself outliving people who were much stronger. The two top athletes when I was in High School, Rich Rhinehart and Rich Frost, are gone, and so is the High School.

I am 83, and too old to drive a car, or ride a bicycle. So I take the bus and ride taxis. I haven't missed much.

I suffered from a serious disorder, diagnosed as a Seizure. I would fall down wherever I was, lay there in a little puddle of blood, and could not get up. They would call an ambulance, and off to the hospital, I would go!

After several of these, I decided on my own cure: I would pay careful attention to my body and when it started feeling woozy. I would sit down! And ask someone to call a taxi, to take me home.

This will not work for most people, because they cannot pay close attention to their bodies. It's a technique I learned from meditating.

No comments:

Post a Comment