Tuesday, March 24, 2020

What do People See in the Book of Mormon?

For a sister of mine, she sees scripture. She will not explain what that means, except that it is important to her, and people like her.

This the typical response of a religious person, and it poses a problem for a nonreligious person like me. Can I talk to religious people about their religion?

For some religious people, this is impossible. And this is the first thing to determine when talking to them. What things will they talk about?

My family had their own religion: the RLDS church. This has gone through some complicated changes that most of them do not want to talk about. I have to be diplomatic when trying to talk to them about this and realize this is probably forbidden territory.

I have a brother who is still active in the church but will talk about a few things. But finding out what they are is hard work.

No comments:

Post a Comment