Monday, June 1, 2020

Americans don't like America because America does not like Them

I will use my own life as an example.

I ended up in Silicon Valley in the Nineties. This place has a huge number of Therapists, and I had used many of them.

I ended up in a Men's Group. We all worked in the Valley, so did our Therapist. For him, the crazier things got, the more work there was for him.

I did not see it that way, the craziness in the Valley was not my cup of tea, and I moved to Costa Rica.

When I first came down here, I had a huge mailing list from my friends up there, wanting to know about things down here. But when they realized I was making a new life for myself down here, they lost interest.

For them, there was only one life, American Life. If it was destroying itself, this was something they could easily overlook.

There are plenty of other examples, that say much the same thing. "Stop the World, I want to get off!"

No comments:

Post a Comment