Tuesday, June 16, 2020

Business is Bad for People

Now that I have said this, I have to defend what I said. What did I mean? 

It came from my experience in Business, which was mostly bad. 

I became an Electronics Engineer (U of Illinois, 1959), even though I had no interest in Engineering, I just wanted to make money. Big mistake. 

I made money because of the Cold War, where the US and the USSR tried to outspend each other. 
I specialized in Radar and helped build the FPS 35, the most powerful radar ever built. It was three stories high, packed with racks of vacuum tubes - wth am antenna on top, half the size of a football field.

Tne one on Montauk Point on the tip of Long Island could detect missiles launching from Cape Kennedy in Florida! 

I was working for the FAA, and when I was in one of their Air Route Transportation Centers (built to withstand the Atomic Bomb, everyone there went crazy and tried to get out. Places like this will drive you nuts. 

No comments:

Post a Comment