Tuesday, June 9, 2020

Prozac and Me

Back in the Nineties, I was working in Silicon Valley, and I was in Therapy, a common combination.

One of my therapists noticed I was depressed, and put me on Prozac. He was sure this would solve my problems.

It didn't, and I moved to Costa Rica but continued to take Prozac. It was cheap and easy to get.

I got another therapist, who noticed my Prozac wasn't doing me any good. He sent me to a psychiatrist and assumed he would prescribe a different antidepressant. But he only upped my dosage of Prozac!

This continued until my dosage reached alarming levels. And some studies were made to see if Prozac really worked. It didn't, and another study was made, using more people. Same result.

I decided, on my own, to quit Prozac. I did, with no adverse effects.

I just got a book The Antidepressive Fact Book, which is saying the same thing: the damn things don't work!

No comments:

Post a Comment