Friday, June 26, 2020

My Monster Coffee Maker

I am an expert on Espresso machines. This is my third one. It has the brand Gevi (a company in Formosa) and is made in China. 

Espresso is made by forcing very hot water under high pressure through finely ground compacted coffee.

This all happens in a small cup with holes on the sides and bottom of it. This is held in a solid carrier where the coffee comes out of a hole in the bottom. It is complicated, believe me! 

I followed the instructions carefully, but nothing worked! Ir has a temperature meter (which is unusual) but this does not tell me much about what is going on.  

When I went back to the Amazon page for this product, it was replaced by a page showing a cute dog. Really!

I took the machine apart to see what was happening (I have become good this by now), Most machines have a boiler that is heated to provide steam pressure. 

This one has an external water tank and pumps to provide the pressure. A number of lights are provided but what they indicate is not explained. 

No explanations! This is not unusual, But the companies that do this ought taken outside and shot. 

No comments:

Post a Comment