Tuesday, November 24, 2020

Doctors don't always Know What's Wrong with You

I was lucky, I got my Appendix operated on. If I had been born a few years earlier I would have died of its inflammation and rupture, because I was one sick kid. 

The house I am living in now was bought by an American family who operated a vegetarian restaurant here, with the husband cooking the cuisine of different countries each day of the week. 

Then he got sick and the local doctor (who had been trained in the States) did not know what was wrong with him, so he sent him to the regional hospital. 

They didn't know either, but they operated on him anyway, and he seemed to be getting better. Then he got sick again and died. 

Down here, you can't just be put in a box and buried. A funeral ceremony has to be performed, and they are expensive (about $1000). 

The rest of the family (the wife and two daughters) went back to the States. 

No comments:

Post a Comment