Monday, November 9, 2020

Software is a New World

And for that reason, unexplored by most people. It's too strange. 

They are not aware of this, but in my opinion, this is their basic motivation. 

This morning, for example, I decided to learn some more software. Immediately I had a problem: whar Software should I learn more about? There is a lot of software out there, each waving a flag, saying "Learn me!" Any of which would be useful in advancing my career, if I was still working. 

But I am not (I am 83 years old, living in Costa Rica). I can learn anything I want. I decided on Angular, which is up to version 10 now. I have my choice of IDEs. I am tempted to try some new ones by Amexio, but decided to go with the AngularIDE by CodeMix. It's a long download, and it's not working.

Meanwhile, I am cooking pasta with pesto. 

But notifications keep showing up on my laptop, telling me how this or that app would make my life so much better. Maybe or maybe not. 

I have to live in a world that wants to make me better, by encouraging me to venture into this New World. 

No comments:

Post a Comment