Sunday, November 15, 2020

From the Industrial Revolution to the Information Economy

My hometown of Ft. Madison, Iowa is a good example of a town that did not make this transition satisfactorily. It became part of the Rust Belt instead. 

The critical event for my Fathef's generation was WWII. Or, to expand my time scale, WWI, followed by the Depression, followed by WWII. The first half of the 20th Century. 

My generation was given the last half of that century, and I must say we made a mess of it. 

This is strange, because we also invented the Computer to manage all the Data involved in our growing economy. But that did not make us like each other better. 

This problem may be solving itself by using apps such as Microsoft Teams to help us work together. But I must emphsize the may in that sentence. 

No comments:

Post a Comment