Tuesday, March 27, 2018

The evolution of systems requires an evolution of systems engineers

O'Reilly

Reading this make me think, of how I went wrong, back in the Nineties, in Silicon Valley.

I had been a programmer, in Southern California, in the Eighties. But got tired of that, and became a Tech Writer again.

The Nineties, in the Valley, was a crazy place, with too much going on. Computer hardware evolved into the Laptop. Programming evolved into the Java programming language. And the Internet was born.

If I had been smart, I would have become a programmer again - learning Java and Javascript. I should have concentrated on what interested me - not on what interested all the companies that came and went, continuously.

Like everyone else, I was easily distracted "Look at this! Look at this!" When I should have asked myself "How is this going to work?"

No comments:

Post a Comment