Tuesday, August 13, 2019

Money Problems

I decided to do this in Blogger (with the assistance of Grammarly) instead of doing it in an email.

My problems began when Wells Fargo canceled my debit card (at my request) but would not give me another one, leaving me with no way to access my money.

The beginning of a long list of problems with different companies.

My brother Steve bought a money order and mailed it to me in Miami, at the Aeropost address there. They then flew it to Costa Rica. But Aeropost was having problems of their own and I still have not received the money order, two weeks later.

Then my brother wired me $1500. This was the biggest disaster of all because that money has disappeared completely!

This was probably due to poor communication between Ray, who sent my brother instructions on the account to wire the funds to in the Banco Costa Rica (BCR). These two do not communicate very well, And the BCR is not too bright either.

I have been giving some thought on what to do next. One possibility is to use my post office box in Cartago, and have my brother send another mail order directly to that. This relies on two post offices; the American and the Costa Rican. The American one is fine, but the Costa Rican is not.

Registered mail service is available in the States, but probably not in Costa Rica. What I would like to do is use a Registered mail service in both countries. So this money would not get lost.

I have decided to use my post office box. Mail sent to these is handed differently, because the mail has to be loaded into the boxes by hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment