Tuesday, November 19, 2019

Americans do not Like People

I met a fellow-American yesterday who was eager to tell me his story.

Whenever he is in the US, he suffers from terrible pains that disable him. When he is in Costa Rica, those pains go away.

I did not say anything, but I could have sympathized with him and said America was a hard place to live in, and that was why I was no longer there.

He went on, and I could see that much of what he said I could easily discount. But not all of it. What is left can be described as Psychogenic pain.

I have frequently said to myself "Our world is self-destructing!" And other people have been saying the same thing, in various ways.

I ended up in Silicon Valley, in the Nineties, because that was where the money (and the jobs) were.

This is a strange place, as the people there will readily admit. Bur to them it is strange in a good way. Because of all the money there.
.
But the same could be said of Rome, 2000 years ago.

The Romans destroyed the Jewish state completely. and formed a new religion: Christianity.

The Computer industry is doing something similar, with Dolly Parton, instead of the Virgin Mary.

No comments:

Post a Comment