Saturday, November 9, 2019

What do People think of Other People?

I have been obsessed with this question all my life.

Right now, I am 82 and it is the middle of the night, and I woke up asking myself the same question.

And I answered it by going over some of my life's history when I was a young man and just married.
I got up and turned on my laptop so I could write this down.

I remember how crazy Beth, my young wife was. I should have left her, but I felt responsible for taking care of her!

I was working for the Army at Picatinny Arsenal in New Jersey, making an Atomic Bomb. The story was more complicated than that, but those facts will get us started. Beth also got a job there. Not long after I started to work in the morning when I got a desperate call from her manager "Would I please come up and get my wife, she was tearing up the office!"

I hopped in the car and went up there. Sure enough, Beth had freaked out and was looking at the rest of the people in the office in horror. I didn't know what else to do, so I took her to a doctor. I waited while she was in his office, and when she came out, she was calmer. The doc gave me a prescription to be filled.

So we went to the drugstore. While we were waiting, Beth passed out and they called an ambulance, Off it went to the hospital, with me following in the car. They called the doc, who told them he had given her an injection, and there was no crisis, so I took her home.

I knew Beth needed to see a psychologist, but I could not find one in the entire county. But Beth solved this problem by deciding we would move to California!

I did not question why, we just drove across the country, stopping to visit my brother who was going to college in Indiana. His wife was taken by Beth in her Nightie. She always attracted men and women, but women especially.

No comments:

Post a Comment