Sunday, April 19, 2020

Northern Virginia has Money

I learned this when I visited my cousin, who lives there.

His house was right next to the intersection of two large streets containing four lanes (two lanes each way). The lights controlling this intersection impressed me. They were smart, controlled by a smart computer, which must have cost money.

Just across this intersection was a shopping center containing the largest supermarket I have ever seen.

The highlight of the day was the evening meal, at which my cousin displayed the wine purchase he had made that day. He had developed a good taste for wine, but the main point for him was how cheap it was, and what a good shopper he was!

He walked down the aisle at the supermarket, looking for on sale tags. And if the price was low enough, he bought it and took it home for the evening meal.

Northern Virginia contains the Pentagon, practically a city within a city, with a budget larger than most countries.

And it now contains Amazon's new headquarters, also with a huge budget.

No comments:

Post a Comment