Monday, April 6, 2020

The Computer will not Save us

I was learning the Python programming language, but I have lost interest in this. Why?

Because I have realized how inadequate the computer is for solving our important problems.

I am not speaking of the coronavirus, that the Computer can help us with. I am speaking of our self-destructive tendencies, that we cannot control, and which the computer has made worse.

I am qualified to speak of this. I worked in the Computer Industry from 1980-2000. I served my time in the trenches, with bombs going off all around me.

The software did improve from 2000-2020 but these improvements were so technical most people could not understand them. They elected Trump, and will probably elect him again.

His message was simple "I will save you." And Americans believe him.

No comments:

Post a Comment