Saturday, September 5, 2020

My dislike of Marketing

I am taking a course in Marketing on Coursera, presented by the U of Illinois. And I am finding the situation distressful. Why?

Probably because of my experience working at Adaptec in Silicon Valley in the Nineties. I am struggling to explain what eas going on there. But I can summarize it, by saying it was one of many companies who thought they were wonderful, but had no idea what was going on. 

They thought they could cover this up by telling the world they were a Computer Company and because of this, they could do no wrong. 

Over the next 30 years, they ceased to exist, and no one found this unusual, because so much of this was going on. 

The computer companies who were left: Apple, Amazon, Google, Facebook, and Microsoft, were making so much money - the loss of the hundreds of companies who dropped out was not noticed. 

Trump was elected instead, because he promised to make America great again. 

More Marketing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment