Saturday, September 19, 2020

When I ran a Group in San Diego

I was working as a Tech Writer in 1979. I shared an office with another writer, who kept saying how much he wanted to attend a group. I got tired of this and told him if he would find people for a group, I would find a place for it to meet. 

He got really busy advertising for a new group in the new-age newspapers and soon we had plenty of people. Where to meet? I had a nice new apartment, and it was the obvious choice. It had a large living room, and we sat on the floor, in a big circle. 

We had only one rule: only one person could talk at a time, for a long as he liked, about anything he liked. Strangely enough, this worked! My friend, who wanted the group in the first place, never showed up. 

Everything was fine until I lost my job, and could not get another one. So I made the move all the way to Silicon Valley, where I got involved with Computers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment