Thursday, September 10, 2020

Ray can fix anything, except Ray

Here I sit, in my pajamas in front of my laptop, trying (not very successfully) to deal with the Information pouring out of it. 

It is telling me "You want to be a success? Be like me! You can do this, plenty of other people have."

What does this have to do with Ray, the guy who took me (and his dog) to Cartago yesterday in his car? This will take some explaining, which will be hard because you were not there, as Ray's car struggled up the back roads to Cartago. Fighting other cars every step of the way. 

I came home with a bag full of stuff I could not believe. Now it is sitting there, on my kitchen floor, demanding that I open it. One of the things in the bag is a Virtual Reality Viewer, which is demanding the loudest. 

But in the back of my mind, I still wonder why Ray can help me ( and certainly does) but cannot help himself. He has problems he cannot begin to solve. 

One of these problems is the one concerning his father, what happened to him? My father was not very impressive, but he was there. 

I also knew a family once, a mother and two daughters. Their father was missing and their mother was crazy, but the girls were doing fine. How on earth did this happen? 

I am forced to conclude that it is largely a matter of chance. Some people luck out, and some people do not. 

And if you are one of the unfortunates, you have problems you may, or may not solve. 

No comments:

Post a Comment