Saturday, February 9, 2019

My Seizure

As you know, I was taken to the Regional hospital recently, because I had collapsed on a sidewalk. I could not walk or talk, but I was able to answer their questions, in English, by the time I got to the hospital. This took awhile.

First, Ray got me into his car, took me to the local clinic, put me in a wheelchair, and they went through their usual process of filling out the forms in my folder. But then the Ambulance arrived (finally!) they made me sit on a seat in the middle of the vehicle. Off we went, to the hospital in Cartago.

Ray showed up at the hospital, soon afterward, and had some long talks with the hospital staff, in Spanish. They decided I had a Seizure, and that analysis seemed to make them feel better.

When I got home, and thought things over - I realized they had no idea what caused this Seizure, or how to prevent another one in the future.

I did notice I was prone to Vertigo, and had to walk carefully. But I thought if I was careful, and didn't overdo it - I would be alright. And so far, I have been.

No comments:

Post a Comment