Sunday, September 29, 2019

The Mormon Economy

I was raised in the RLDS church, not the LDS church, we were Missouri Mormons, not Utah Mormons.

For my parents, we were the One True Church, and that was all that mattered. It had always provided a modest amount of sexual satisfaction, and it continued to do so.

When I graduated from the U of Illinois, in 1959. It was obvious to me that the Church was not important, and I left it.

Not long after, the church splintered into many groups, with the largest group still centered in Independence, Mo.

This was close to Kansas City, Mo - where I got my first job as Electronic Engineer.

I married a church girl, who lost her mind and killed herself. Those were difficult times, for the Church also. It had some solid institutions, a college, a hospital, and a retirement home. But it lost all of them.

The Utah group did much better, economically.

No comments:

Post a Comment