Saturday, January 11, 2020

An Incident at the Meat Market

The competition between these stores in Orosi has become intense. 

Yesterday I went to the newest one (a tiny place) to buy a pound of Carne Molido (ground beef). To my surprise, the man behind the counter wanted to shake my hand! I could see he wanted to please his boss by showing him he was bringing in a new customer (me). He looked familiar, but I didn't know where I had met him before. 

A young woman appeared to take my money (about 3 dollars) she looked familiar also, probably from another market that had shut down. 

I saw some sausage, cut up in 4-inch pieces, and said I would like some of that also. The owner stepped forward and said I could have one for free!

I will go back there whenever I buy more meat, which is not often. 

No comments:

Post a Comment