Thursday, January 23, 2020

Feeling at Home

These are not the same thing, but what exactly is the difference?

I was thinking this morning about all the Gringos (Americans and Canadians) who have lived in my little town of Orosi, Costa Rica. Hoping to make a new life for themselves. And then gone back.

Why? They don't know, but they have to do it.  They have to go home.

The same is true of Ticos (Costa Ricans) who live for a while in the States. They have to go home.

But some of them (such as myself) do not feel this way and stay here.

Again I have to ask, Why? What is the difference between these two groups of people?

I see how it is here, I like it, and I stay. The other group can also see how it is here, and they leave.

They like it, but that is not important to them. What is more important to them is that they are in the right place, someplace that feels like home.

No comments:

Post a Comment