Saturday, January 18, 2020

Crazy Making

This when we deliberately drive other people crazy. A common mode of behavior, but one we are not usually conscious of.

It is common in the business world where the intention is to confuse the Customer (or User) so he (or she) becomes helpless, and not able to cause any trouble.

She will take the safest route out, and become nothing.

The company will fail, but this is considered a minor handicap. Or even be converted (by some kind of mental alchemy) into a success!

I saw this frequently when I worked in Silicon Valley in the Nineties.

I was a tech writer at the time, and I had followed the Computer as it worked its way down the coast from Ventura County to San Diego. The destructiveness I witnessed (especially in Orange County) was awesome. But not noticed by anyone else.

This also happens in Latin America, in fact, it was perfected here (in Mexico) before moving northward across the border.

I am trying to use a local company to import my packages from Amazon (in the US) to Costa Rica. You would not believe the hassle I have gone through. It was crazy-making incarnate.

No comments:

Post a Comment