Wednesday, January 1, 2020

Creative and Crazy

This is Human Nature. and I must say I am human myself: perhaps being more crazy than creative,

Other qualities can be added to that list: tolerance, for example. Or even more fundamentally: the ability to be.

Much has been written about today's problems, but this problem is seldom mentioned. And if I mention it, all I get is blank looks: what on earth am I talking about?

I am talking about a kind of group insanity that is all too common, sometimes called Fascism. In my family, it was called Mormonism. I call it: the inability to be.

An inability is just the reverse of ability: they are both sides of the same coin. But this one is a human tragedy.

It can be partial: a person can be competent in some ways, but not in other ways.

If a person (or group of persons) cannot be in one of these ways, they can become violent in their defense of this inability.

No comments:

Post a Comment