Wednesday, August 5, 2020

Being Nothing is Being Stupid

How can I enlarge on this simple idea? 

Perhaps I can use the example of my brother and sisters (I have one brother and two sisters). Both of my parents are dead. Or I could use the example of my family's RLDS church, which is also dead. Or I could use the example of the Trump Presidency, which has given us a dead economy. 

The example of my siblings might be the best. They are not dead, but almost dead (as I am myself). 

A recent trama for me was a trip to my bank to get my rent money. A bridge was down and I had to walk around it. The bus company provided some helpful people to help me with my walk, because they could see I wasn't doing too well. I went to the next town and walked to the bank. This was not easy, but I made it, and got a lot of cash from the ATM.

On the way back, I got on a bus, and it immediately took off with only me on it. They didn't want me dying on them. This would not look good. 

I got to the middle of town and took a taxi home. it didn't cost much. Ray was taking a shower, and asked me to wait, so I took a seat and waited. 

He took his money ($300 in Colones) and I staggered back to my apartment to lay down. 

Old age for me is not much fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment