Wednesday, August 26, 2020

Week Mind, Week Body

And a Balance disorder, I can no loger ride a bicycle. 

This was preceded, by a long history of falling-down problems, going back to before I moved to Costa Rica. 

I was running down a hill in a wilderness area. And all of a sudden: No Legs! 

I threw up my arms to protect my face, but my glasses were broken. I got up again, and staggered off to the trailhead. A Fire Truck was waiting for me, and they gave me some Oxygen. And called an Ambulance, which took me to a hospital. 

Once I got there. they found I could not talk! I passed out, and when I woke up, my arms were tied down ro a hospitad bed. I could still not talk. You cannot imagine how frustraing this was.

A few hours later, I was blabering away, as if nothing had happened, so they had to relaese me. This was my first episode, but there would be many more. No one knew what was wrong with me. 

Something was wrong with my Brain (or my Btain Stem) or the blood vessles connecting to them. 

I got a Scan, with this huge machine, that produced many Xrays, one of which showed a ltlle bump. I atm too old to get this operated on, so I am taking pills instead. 

No comments:

Post a Comment