Monday, August 10, 2020

Show People how Stupid you Are

Is this really going on? I think so. 

There are plenty of stupid things going on, and it is reasonable to think they are deliberate. 

For example, the collapse of the RLDS church, the church of my parents. I left it when I graduated from college in 1960. And so did many other people. But most just let it fade away, and die of stupidity. 

I can see this clearly in the case of my brother Steve, who is now doing nothing in Lamoni, Iowa, which seems to suit him fine. I can only observe from a distance, and marvel. 

You can also say this is self-destructive, another common pattern. But to see this, you have to take into account the larger patterns. Such as the transformation of the Midwest to the Rust Belt. This is a huge change, but few can see it, or want to see it. 

Instead, they think things are going in the right direction. 

No comments:

Post a Comment