Sunday, August 9, 2020

Growing Up in the Middle of Nowhere

We did not realize this, of course. The Midwestern United States was plenty big enough for us. When we tried to get bigger, everything broke down.

This also happened in my personal life. I went to college in Iowa and Illinois and got my first job in Kansas City. 

When I moved to NYC and got married there, things started to break down, big time. 

Looking back at it, I can see the United States was really the states in the Northeast (Boston. NYC, and DC) and California. Although California can be divided into Southern (LA) and Northern (SF).

With the Computer, things only got worse, and the Midwest became the Rust Belt. Most places in the Midwest did not realize this and went quietly to their death. 

To make things even worse, they elected Trump. 

Now, the Midwest was really Nowhere. 

No comments:

Post a Comment