Sunday, December 24, 2017

The Mind

When I start with a subject this big, I have to wonder about my own mind - why on earth am I doing this, when everyone else is content to leave it alone?

I have to remind myself, that not everyone else is this way - some people have been asking themselves about this for a very long time. Perhaps I am one of those.

I am reading Madonna in a Fur Coat where the woman goes into long soliloquy, that lasts for pages, where she tries to understand the world of her time - Berlin, after the Germans have been defeated in WWI.

I am also reading The Great Transformation: The Political and Economic Origins of Our Time that also deals the same subject. And comes up with an answer that will not surprise you - it's the Economy, and everything involved with that. And his analysis is convincing.

Personally, I think something even bigger is behind all this - the desire to wreck everything, because it has become so bad. Not a new idea at all.

You may reply that I read too much - and for that matter, write too much also, in my blog.

Maybe, but I have a bulletproof defense - no one is reading me!

No comments:

Post a Comment