Monday, February 19, 2018

Photographing Food is not easy


I saw these for sale at a local store - three packages for little more than a dollar - three little cookies, in three groups. I had to buy them, and gobbled down a package of them - not bad!

Then I had to take a picture of them - not realizing what a struggle this would be. You have to get the light just right - something special ad agencies know how to do. You can see my feeble result here. 

The shiny surface of the plastic bag is difficult to photograph. You have to use polarized light, and special assistants, holding translucent panels. Photographing people is easy, by comparison. 

I wish I could send you the cookies over the Internet. 

My Father photographed fountain pens, back in the Fifties. Sheaffer Pen Company made the fountain pens that were used to sign the Japanese surrender, on the Battleship Missouri. 

No comments:

Post a Comment