Friday, February 16, 2018

The New Wave

I am looking back on my past, and wondering when and where I went wrong.

It was in the Nineties, in Silicon Valley - when a new approach in Software Development appeared. This made cooperation more important than competition and replaced Destruction with Construction - doing it right, over doing it wrong. A big deal.

This was embodied in the Java programming language, and the Internet it knew how to relate to.

Everyone talked about Object-Orienting Programming constantly (OOP) instead - having no idea what they were blabbering about.

They could not say, that what they had been doing for hundreds of years, was wrong, and had to be changed, and in fact - eliminated. The future was there, right in front of them - but they didn't want to see it.

I had been a tech writer for 20 years, and this was wrong for me personally. I made the decision to leave the country, which worked for me - I could have made the decision to go back into programming again, and surf this new wave.

But I wasn't strong enough to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment