Wednesday, July 18, 2018

How to Amount to Something

This will not interest most people - because being does not interest them, and not being does not interest them either. They have arrived at perfection, and have no interest in being anything else.

They are mistaken, however. They have not arrived at anything, but a total delusion, that is typical of their times. The end of the Industrial Era.

We are now in the Computer Era - that is so different, it can hardly be comprehended.

I was almost part of the Computer Era. back in the Nineties, in Silicon Valley. I should have learned Java - but got out of the Valley. instead. I didn't solve my problems. I just ran away from them. Which at my age (I was 65 at the time) wasn't too bad a solution,

In the Valley, with my tiny Social Security income - I was nothing. But in Costa Rica, I was a man with a substantial income.

My solution will not work for anyone else. For anyone still back in the States - the solution is obvious - you must get into Software.

You can do this at two levels. You can become skilled at using the Computer, to do almost anything. Or you can become skilled at programming it, to do almost anything. This much more difficult - but pays much more.

No comments:

Post a Comment