Friday, July 13, 2018

Human beings and human doings

When I moved from Silicon Valley to Costa Rica, I experienced, to my intense relief - the pleasures of living, where people were still important. But I also experienced the inconveniences of a culture that had never been part of the Industrial Revolution - that had changed the North completely.

Costa Rica has done some things right. It has plenty of of hydro-generated electricity, that is available everywhere. But it has done no urban planning, and its cities are a mess - people can build anything they want, anywhere they want.

Corruption is not as bad as in the rest of Latin America - but it is still a problem.

I am writing this on a Laptop, that is connected, to the Internet. Costs Rica does not have Internet everywhere yet, but it is better than in the rest of Central America, It has the opportunity to become part of the Digital Economy - but has not realized this yet.

I continue to study Programming, as a hobby, and this gives me the opportunity to see the advantages of being human doings, and human beings - both. A contrast Programmers are just beginning to realize themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment