Tuesday, July 3, 2018

I get a Shower

While I was getting this done, I reminded myself of how recent an invention this was. It wasn't until the 20th Century was well advanced that people got used to getting wet all over. But once they got used to it, the convenience and efficiency. were apparent.

But doing this with one arm disabled. is a struggle - as I found out. But I must explain why my left arm was disabled. In the Costa Rican public hospitals, the CAJA, an unusual kind of expert are in  charge, of everything. There is a Spanish word for these guys, but I never bothered to memorize it.

In my case, we were sent directly to them, and they sent us to get an Xray. A bone was broken in my upper arm - and most places would have placed a cast on my upper arm. But not these guys - my entire upper arm had to be immobilized, until it healed. And I could not take a shower with that thing on.

Why do I use the CAJA? Because they are so cheap $30 for a month's coverage.

No comments:

Post a Comment