Thursday, April 4, 2019

My Health Situation

Is not good.

Yesterday, after making sure my Social Security payments had been received. I went to Cartago to get the cash I need to survive down here.

I got 300,000 Colonies (about $400), bought some low-calorie sandwiches at a place called the Juice House, took a taxi to a WalMart store, bought a few things (including some Spam Lite), picked up a National Geographic at Aeropost, went to the Post Office to see if I had a key for my post office box (I didn't).

I took a bus to Paraiso, got a chocolate shake, and tried to get my glasses repaired that I broke in my fall (unsuccessfully), and took a bus home.

I was exhausted. And am still recovering from that trip.

But I am recovering, slowly.

I am in a lot of pain, as my body and my mild (really the same thing) struggle to adapt to an independent existence. 

No comments:

Post a Comment