Wednesday, April 17, 2019

The Strange Attitude toward Gourmet Coffee

I saw this in action when I visited my cousin in Northern Virginia, in the DC area.

I was astonished by the money there. Amazon recently decided to make another headquarters there, close to/the Pentagon, with all its money.

They were next to a shopping center, with the largest supermarket I had ever seen. It had an entire aisle devoted to wine, and my cousin shopped that carefully, every day.

There was also a Starbucks store, and I wanted to visit that. My cousin took an instant dislike to the place. He bought his coffee at a Burger King next door, where he didn't have to get out of his truck, and got a lot of coffee.

The quality was not so great. but that was what he wanted: low-quality, cheap coffee, at a drive-in. That was the American Way, and he knew it.

What do I drink for coffee? I have an espresso machine, and I use it to steam milk to make Cappuccino coffee.

No comments:

Post a Comment