Monday, April 29, 2019

What Happened to the Human Race?

Something really bad happened that we have never understood.

One of its dominant characteristics was that it was self-destructive. This is easy to see, and we can start with that.

And we can see, easily enough that not everyone is this way.

Yesterday, I walked to the Soda Buen Taco and bought an Aroz Cantones. Everyone there was in the best of moods, happily socializing with each other, and me.

I put my food in my pack and walked to the soccer field, where a game was in progress. I was attracted to a young woman, and she was pleased with my attention. This one advantage of being an American man in Costa Rica. Young women and their parents appreciate your attention. And there are no bad results from this temporary attraction.

I have just described the contrast between Silicon Valley (where I was working in the Nineties) and rural Costa Rica (where I live now).

I wish it explained more because I am also taking an online course on Artificial Intelligence (AI),  These people are also helping me, but there is nothing personal about this help. They do not know I exist

I will return to my basic point: we have become self-destructive, If we can become aware of that, we will become better people.

No comments:

Post a Comment